- Research past issues of Soft Dolls & Animals! magazine for a better understanding of what we are looking for, i.e. step-by-step instructions, materials, sources.
- Each article should be limited to 3,000 words, but be as thorough as possible with your step-by-step instructions.
- Include the doll’s name and height and level of difficulty of project.
- Please draw patterns, diagrams/illustrations with black ink on white paper.
- Please note the top, bottom, center back, center front, side, etc. on each pattern piece. Even experienced dollmakers need these notes.
- If necessary, provide photos/slides/digital images that meet our requirements showing the creation of the subject step-by-step, since we can not take apart a finished project.
- If possible, please include the text on a disc along with a hard copy or (email text).
- Please include a 100 word or less artist biography, along with a color photograph of yourself.
- Please include your name, address, phone number and email address with your submission.
- Provide a list of sources for materials: brand names, and where to purchase.
- Provide a written request if you wish photographs to be returned.
- If photography is done out-of-house, please provide photographer’s information.
Soft Dolls & Animals! Magazine
2145 W. Sherman Blvd.,
Muskegon, MI 49441